Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pumpkin Pi


We decided to carve the pumpkin that we grew this year for display on Hallowe'en. There was much discussion over what sort of design would be both appropriate and feasible. In the end we chose to memorialize one of our favorite things.

This is the first time that I have used one of those pumpkin carving tools. It is remarkable how much easier it made the process-especially since there were curves involved.

We took turns in order to share the fun of getting goopy hands while pulling out the innards.



Carving:



Nearly finished:



Of course, we needed to include another favorite (and appropriate) part of fall in our area. I think that Jonathan would be pleased if they offered these all year.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Your pumpkin pi is very fun! And I think I agree with Jonathan about the lattes. :)

Keren said...

It is a little frightening, but mostly fun, how much this pumpkin matches you two...What a quirky idea!